Sugar Land: Mondays and Saturdays
Evening hours available
Insurance Accepted: Aetna, UBH/Optum
Individual, Couples, Family, Adolescents 13+, Adults
Clinical Areas of Focus
- Adult ADD
- Anxiety / Depression
- Coping Skills
- Loss / Grief
- Marital Issues
- Relationship Issues
- Sexual Abuse
- Trauma / Abuse / PTSD
“We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ” (2 Cor. 10:5, NIV).
I became interested in the integration of clinical counseling with a biblical perspective early in my career. I observed many Christians suffering silently, feeling ashamed and stigmatized by the misconception that Christians should never struggle with depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, or any other symptom.
During my doctoral studies, I felt led to study the manner in which a number of biblical figures experienced symptoms like depression, anxiety, and low self-esteem. I wanted to normalize the experience of clinical symptoms to present day Christians and help remove the stigma of professional counseling.
I have over 15 years of clinical experience with diverse populations. I provide couples counseling, family therapy, group and individual counseling from ages 13 – 100+.
I have been married since 1991. My husband and I have three adult sons and one adolescent son. I am a proud veteran of the U.S. Army. I grew up in Houston, Texas.
Advanced Certifications, Training, and Achievements
- Author: Combining Biblical Perspectives and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in the Treatment of Anxiety, Depression, and Low Self-Esteem
- Ph.D. in Christian Marriage and Family Counseling;
- Ph.D. in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Psycho-education (Stress Management/Stress Reduction and Relaxation)Communication Coaching
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- RET; DBT (Radical Acceptance, Emotion Regulation, Interpersonal Acceptance, and Restoring Balance)
- Expressive Therapy (creative form)
- Insight-Oriented Therapy
- Gestalt Approach
- Supportive Counseling
- Systemic Therapy
- Trauma-Based/ Trauma-Focused Intervention